I’ve wanted to try Pewter Casting for a while and now I’ve found a way to do it quickly and cheaply. All based on the fact that Pewter melts at a similar temperature to Solder.
In this video I show you how to a solder pot can be used as a pewter pot..
The Solder pot, Spoon and Gloves can be had for less than £20.
* Solder pot – https://amzn.to/2Ew4k7U
* Coffee spoon – https://amzn.to/2Oss2Gz
* Heatproof gloves – https://amzn.to/2Ac5e55
* Silcone putty – https://amzn.to/2ylN6nW
* Pewter bar – https://amzn.to/2Absjow
The putty is an expensive consumable but you can manage that across multiple projects, then all you need is an inexpensive source of pewter to melt.
Let me know what you think of this process using the contact page.